There are plenty good models of tablets and laptops available on the market. And there are plenty of pros and cons for both portables.
Let’s do a brief summary of those pros and cons:
A tablet is better because:
– usually has a better autonomy
– portable (lighter, smaller in size)
– cheaper for the same performance, relative to the operating system
– more affidabile in many cases
The laptop is better than a tablet because:
– it is more powerful and can run applications that require high computing power
– windows applications are superior to Android or iOS
– operating systems (Windows or Ubuntu) are more stable compared to Android
– It is easier to use in drag-and-drop operations, to use multiple programs simultaneously, text editing, etc.
– certain components can be upgraded to increase performance (RAM, SSD, etc).
You should choose a tablet if you sit on FACEBOOK, listen to music, play without pretending to be a hardcore gamer, or read blogs.
Choose laptop if you write texts, edit photos, edit videos and work with multiple programs simultaneously. To reconcile both, see how you feel with a hybrid (2in1).